COMPANY PROFILE -Bunge
Business Sector :Food Processing
Operating Geography :United States, North America, Global
About Bunge :Bunge is global agro business and food processing company, head quartered in White Plains, United States. It is founded in 1818 by Johann P. G. Bunge. The company has expanded its global presence in farm to consumer food chain by connecting farmers to local and global markets around the world. It is conducting operations in five segments: Agribusiness, Edible Oil products, Milling Products, Sugar and Bioenergy and Fertilizers. It has around 32000 employees as of December 31st 2016, at 400 facilities in 40 countries.
Bunge Revenue :$42.68 billion – FY ending Dec 2016
Competitive Analysis of Bunge
|1. Strong presence in agro business and food production|
2. Existence of multiple portfolios
3. Expanding portfolios through acquisitions
4. Zero incident safety culture
5. Streamlined and integrated
|1. Less presence in Asia, Africa and Australia
2. Business dependency on Agriculture might fluctuate results
|1. Emerging Markets of edible oil and bio fuels|
2. Growing demand for food with health
3. Expansion of product lines in the food processing industry
|1. Strong competition from local and global firms in the industry
2. Dependency of industry on environmental conditions
3. Fluctuating economies in different nations
4. Supply and demand imbalances
US $9.52 Great quality, Affordable pricing.
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Bunge
1. Strong presence in agro business and food production: Bunge has entered into diverse fields in agro business and food processing industry like trading of grains, oil seeds, fertilizers, milling, edible oils, sugar and bioenergy. It connects farmers to consumers and ensure food security, also improve environmental efficiency. It produces high quality products mostly in America, Eastern Europe and Asia. It has emerged as leader in the industries of agribusiness, food and ingredients, fuel and fertilizer.
2. Existence of multiple portfolios: It has multiple portfolios in agribusiness and food processing such as food and ingredients, food processing, oil refining and packing, wheat, rice and corn milling. Through this, it is able to maintain supply chain efficiency. Availability of dependent portfolios within the same firm will lead to reduction of production costs.
3. Expanding portfolios through acquisitions: Bunge made multiple portfolio enhancements to build sustainability. Food and ingredients portfolio was enriched with acquisition of edible oil producers Walter Rau Neusser and Ana Gida in Europe. Complemented strong Soy crushing presence in Spain, Portugal and Itay with acquisition of two plants in Northern Europe. These acquisitions have broadened product offerings and capabilities apart from providing expanding market and customer access.
4. Zero incident safety culture: Apart from existence in each step of Supply chain, Bunge takes utmost care regarding safety measures. It imbibed zero-incident safety culture by introducing new processes and standard measures. It also provides training regarding the safety measures through toolbox talks, online learning. Through this, the company has reduced 34% in lost time incidents and lowered number of safety incidents.
5. Streamlined and integrated: Bunge focuses on what best they do through streamlining operations carried out in various fields of its presence. Talented and diverse team at Bunge maintain core values of organizational citizenship, teamwork and entrepreneurship and contribute to the sustainability of integrity within the firm.
1. Less presence in Asia, Africa and Australia: In spite of emerging demand of farming products, Bunge presence is concentrated mostly in North America, South America and Europe. Increasing presence in Asia, Australia and Africa can improve the presence of brand across globe.
2. Business dependency on Agriculture might fluctuate results: Business is strongly dependent on Agriculture. Yield in agricultural sector is not consistent across years, it also depends on the factors for supporting farming. Hence, this might affect the consistency of results.
1. Emerging Markets of edible oil and bio fuels: Consumption of edible oil and biofuels is increasing. Many countries across world are producing and using biofuels as alternatives to traditional fossil fuels in response to high fossil fuel prices and government incentives for the production of biofuels. Also, government authorities are mandating use of biofuels.
2. Growing demand for food with health: According to the recent surveys carried out, global sales of healthy food products is to reach one trillion dollars. Most of the consumers are willing to pay more for food with health. Hence, it gives opportunity of introducing products that are rich in proteins, fibre, vitamins and minerals that promote good health.
3. Expansion of product lines in the food processing industry: Demand for ready to eat products is increasing day by day due to dynamic lifestyle of people. Due to this, many companies are increasing the number of outlets to maximize their revenue. Hence, expanding the product lines in food processing industry can enrich the results.
This section is available only in the complete report on purchase.
US $9.52 Great quality, Affordable pricing.
Check out analysis of other relevant companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
Copyrights and Disclaimer
Bunge SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Kancharla Venkata Sri Harshita and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.