COMPANY PROFILE -Carlisle Companies
Business Sector :Construction, Diversified
Operating Geography :United States, North America, Global
About Carlisle Companies :
Carlisle Companies Incorporated is an American diversified company which designs, produces and distributes a wide range of products serving a broad range of niche markets to customers around the world involving commercial roofing, energy, lawn and garden, agriculture, mining and construction equipment, aerospace and electronics, dining and food delivery, and healthcare. It is headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, United States. Carlisle Companies started its operations on September 12, 1917 as a manufacturer of inner tubes and the present-day Carlisle Companies Inc. was incorporated in 1986 as a holding company for the original company. The company has three main operating groups: Construction Materials, Industrial components and diversified components. In 2021, the company aims to utilize the Carlisle Operating System (COS) to drive regulations and operating leverage, decreasing costs annually by 1-2% of sales, and to reshape the portfolio with synergistic acquisitions to review and optimize its assets.
Carlisle Companies Incs' Unique Selling Proposition or USP lies in it being recognized as the leader in the roofing industry for nearly half a century and a diversified manufacturer and distributor of premium building products for the residential and commercial construction markets. Carlisle company's mission statement reads, " to serve customers worldwide by building on our strengths in rubber, plastics, friction and precision coating products, and other technologies in which we can develop a competitive advantage".
Carlisle Companies Revenue :
$4.8 billion - FY ending 31st March 2020 (7.4 % growth y-o-y)
$4.5 billion - FY ending 31st March 2019 (19.4 % growth y-o-y)
Competitive Analysis of Carlisle Companies
The SWOT analysis for Carlisle Companies is presented below in a matrix followed by a detailed analysis
|1. Broad distribution and reach |
2. Strong product portfolio of leading mobile gaming franchises
3. Strategic partnerships and acquisitions
4. Digital revenue streams more recurring and providing relatively higher profit margins
5. Skilled labour force and recognized for positive work culture
|1. High dependence on a few products
2. Reliance on third-party platforms
3. Seasonality in sale increases risk
|1. Differentiated experience using latest technology|
2. Increased user activity due to ongoing pandemic
3. Growth in interactive entertainment including mobile gaming
4. Opportunities to expand franchises outside of games
|1. Increasing importance of free-to-play games
2. Effectively manage growth and business complexity
3. Impact of Technological Innovation
4. High competition in the industry
5. Piracy a persistent problem for the gaming industry
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Carlisle Companies
Strength1. Well diversified portfolio having strong brands with leading market positions: Carlisle Company Incorporated is an industrial company whose portfolio is distributed all over the world that provides energy efficiency and advanced engineering products and solutions to its consumers. It is committed to investing in high-ROIC businesses that generate highly-ranked shareholder returns. Its purpose is to judiciously invest and create values in favor of their investors. Carlisle 2020 asset under management was $246 billion. It is distributed in five continents with 1825 employees and 29 offices. The 265 portfolio companies that partnered with Carlisle are able to expand their business globally by creating a network to access a wide range of resources that can improve the operational performance of the company.
2. Significant recurring revenue streams providing stability: In 2019, Carlisle closed eight strategic investments for CCM, CIT and CFT. The introduction of Providien, LHi Technology and redgroup made Carlisle exclusively a one-stop shop for medical devices. Carlisle launched a plan in 2018, called Vision 2025, a strategic plan for the next 100 years. The plan includes to operate beyond the organic market growth, use the Carlisle Operating system to increase the efficiency and handle leverage, use about $3 billion in capital investment, buying the shares back and dividends. For 2020, in interest of Vision 2025, Carlisle targeted to double the revenue to $8 billion from the previous year which was $4.8 billion.
The remaining section under "Strengths" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
WeaknessThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
OpportunityThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
ThreatThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
Major Competitors :
Major Brands :
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
WHY BUY THIS REPORT?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Carlisle Companies SWOT and PESTLE analysis report demonstrates an understanding of the complex internal and external factors shaping the brand and its operations.
- SWOT analysis is a tool to analyze the internal and external factors. Internal analysis evinces a discussion on how Carlisle Companies can ameliorate its strengths and overcome its weaknesses, whereas the external analysis helps to identify the opportunities for development and eliminate threats that can hamper growth.
- The PESTLE analysis gives a bird’s eye view of the whole environment (macro factors) of Carlisle Companies from many different angles that one wants to check and keep a track of while contemplating a certain idea/plan.
- The analysis report helps the users to understand the business models of Carlisle Companies with regards to influencers like political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors.
- Carlisle Companies’ comprehensive analysis to conclude information about its company position, marketing strategy, business plans and performance of it’s brands, partners and subsidiaries.
- A summary of Carlisle Companies’ mission, vision and unique strategies to capture the market.
- Record of strategic initiatives extended by Carlisle Companies to stay ahead of its competitors and attain competitive advantage.
- A brief idea about company’s mergers, acquisitions, profit appraisal, deals, alliances/partnership/ventures.
- Identifying the core values, key performance indicators, and success factors that contribute to sustainable growth for Carlisle Companies.
References used in Carlisle Companies Analysis Report
1. Carlyle Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results - https://ir.carlyle.com/static-files/eb534b71-0af0-4f36-b8d6-841b78bb31a1
2. Annual Report Form 10-K 2019 - https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/790051/000079005120000071/csl-20191231.htm
3. Our Businesses - https://www.carlisle.com/our-businesses/default.aspx
4. Understanding Vision 2025 - https://www.carlisle.com/our-stories/our-stories-archive/our-stories/2019/understanding-vision-2025/default.aspx
The detailed complete set of references are available on request in the 'Complete report' on purchase.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Carlisle Companies SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). Carlisle Companies SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/carlisle-companies/ [Accessed 21 Apr, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
Carlisle Companies SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Pallavi Roy and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.