COMPANY PROFILE -China Southern Airlines
Business Sector :Aviation
Operating Geography :Asia, China, Global
About China Southern Airlines :China Southern Airlines is China’s largest airline and world's fourth-largest airline measured by passengers carried. It was established in 1988 and is headquartered in Guangzhou, China. It is a state owned enterprise and has over 100,000 employees as of 2016. Its subsidiaries include Xiamen Airlines, Shantou Airlines, Guizhou Airlines, Zhuhai Airlines, Chongqing Airlines and Henan Airlines.
China Southern Airlines Revenue :RMB 114,981 million – FY ending Dec 31st 2016
Competitive Analysis of China Southern Airlines
|1. Largest Chinese airline with a fleet of more than 700 passenger and cargo aircraft and wide global network|
2. Relatively young aircraft fleet with an average age of 6.6 years which results in low operating cost
3. Strong technology infrastructure and own flight training college
|1. Major dependency on the China-Australia route accounting to 22% Available Seats Kilometer (ASK)|
2. High foreign currency liabilities, especially in US$ which will increase interest expenses in wake of depreciating RMB
|1. Strategic tie-up with American Airlines will improve market share and access to diverse locations|
2. China trips per capita well below that of western markets underscoring the strong market potential
3. China to become world’s largest aviation market by 2024, according to IATA aided by rapid growth in outbound travel
|1. Formidable competition from domestic players like with China Eastern Airlines and Air China.|
2. Significant depreciation of the RMB to result in foreign exchange losses for China Southern
3. Expansion of high-speed railway network across China will impact growth in air travel
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of China Southern Airlines
1) Largest Chinese airline with a fleet of more than 700 passenger and cargo aircraft and wide global network: China Southern Airlines is the largest Chinese carrier with a fleet of more than 700 passenger and cargo aircraft, the most by an Asian airline. The carrier is well developed network across more than 1000 destinations across 177 countries globally with passenger traffic amounting to nearly 115 million in FY16. With the SKYTEAM alliance the airline group it has been the top Chinese carrier for 38 consecutive years and also has the best safety record amongst Chinese airlines for 17 years. China Southern Group is also the leading carrier across China – Australia and New Zealand, China – South Asia and Central Asia routes and also across the newly formed “One Belt and One Road” network.China Southern Airlines SWOT analysis has been conducted by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.
References1. China Southern Airlines Company Limited Annual Report 2016: http://www.csair.com/en/about/touzizheguanxiz/yejibaogao/2017/resource/2b330bd44bb25c033bdf27927779a7dd.pdf
2. China Southern Airlines: Upside From International Expansion And Growing Chinese Air Travel Demand: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4073083-china-southern-airlines-upside-international-expansion-growing-chinese-air-travel-demand?page=6
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check out analysis of other relevant companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
How to reference this page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
China Southern Airlines SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2019). China Southern Airlines SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/china-southern-airlines/ [Accessed 17 Oct, 2019].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2019)