COMPANY PROFILE -Danske Bank
Business Sector :Banking
Operating Geography :Denmark, Europe, Global
About Danske Bank :Danske Bank, established in 1871, has its origins in Denmark. It is one of the largest Nordic banks providing its services in about 16 countries. It has about 19000 employees providing services to about 2.7 million personal customers. It also provides services to 236000 small and medium-sized business customers and 1800 corporate and institutional customers.
Danske Bank Revenue :DKK 59618 millions
Competitive Analysis of Danske Bank
|1. Strategic partnerships |
2. Strong capital management policies
3. Strong compliance
4. Strong local roots
|1. Inorganic growth and efficiency|
|1. Nordic potential |
2. Innovation and digitalization
|1. Uncertainty in the economy
2. Regulatory pressure
3. Cyber security for banks and other financial crimes
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Danske Bank
1. Strategic partnerships: In the personal banking segment, there were strategic partnerships made with Saco and TCO to meet the specific needs of the customers in Sweden. In Norway, partnerships were developed with Akademikerne to serve customers better. In Finland, Danske bank signed an agreement with the 5 major affiliates of Akava, the Confedration of Unions for Professional and Managerial Staff in Finland, to collaborate on the customer lifecycle and services development.
2. Strong capital management policies: Capital management policies are strong for Dansk bank ensuring that it can sustain economic downturns. Common equity tier 1 capital of Dansk bank has exceeded the requirements by 4.2 indicating its ability to survive an economic crisis. The minimum common equity tier 1 requirement was set as 12.1 as against the achieved CET1 capital ratio of 16.2.
3. Strong compliance: Strengthened compliance organization by establishment of global function to identify for any cases of money laundering, financing of terrorism, customer tax evasion and market abuse activities. It also ensures strong compliance to Supervisory Diamond which was setup by the Danish FSA. Supervisory diamond is based on five characteristics of banks which can be used to gauge the financial stability of the bank. The 5 characteristics are based on excess liquidity coverage, commercial property exposure, funding ratio, lending growth and sum of large exposures. Danske bank have fared well on all the 5 parameters.
4. Strong local roots: Danske Bank was setup in 1871 and had grown through mergers with many local and regional banks over the period of 145 years to become one of the largest banks in Denmark. The bank, because of its size, has a great impact on the society and has worked towards the growth in the society.
1. Inorganic growth and efficiency: International operations were expanded through acquisitions. This could have caused the ineffeciencies in the organization structure. The organization is currently trying to improve efficiencies by merging activities in Finland and thereby trying to achieve a uniform organizational structure throughout Nordic region.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Danske Bank SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2020). Danske Bank SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/danske-bank/ [Accessed 02 Jul, 2020].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2020)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
Danske Bank SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Vineeth Harikumar and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.