COMPANY PROFILE -ExxonMobil
Business Sector :Oil & Gas
Operating Geography :North America, Global
About ExxonMobil :Founded in 1870, ExxonMobil is the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company. It is based in Irving, Texas. It is one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. The company operates in six continents. The company has approximately 35,047 gross and 29,375 net operated wells.
ExxonMobil Revenue :US$218.6 billion (For the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2016)
Competitive Analysis of ExxonMobil
|1. Integrated Business Model|
2. Global Footprint
3. Strong Financial Resources
|1. Weak Corporate Governance|
2. Environment issues & Hazards
3. Human Rights Violation
|1. Increasing Demand of Fuel|
2. Mergers & Acquisitions and Agreements
3. R&D in Biofuels
|1. Regional & national Regulations covering Green-house emissions/ Paris Agreement|
2. Fluctuating Crude Oil Prices
3. Alternate Fuel sources
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of ExxonMobil
1. Integrated Business Model: The Company’s integrated business model with upstream, downstream and chemical segments reduces the Corporates risk from the changes in commodity prices. The company’s financial and accounting reporting reflects its straight forward business model involving the extracting manufacturing and marketing of hydrocarbons and hydro-carbon based product.
2. Global Footprint: The company operates in six continents exploring for oil and natural gas. In recent times, the company has also captured new high-quality off shore blocks in Australia, Equatorial Guinea, and Suriname.
3. Strong Financial Resources: As per the Second Quarter 2017 Earnings call, Total Earnings increased $1.7 billion on stronger Upstream and Downstream results and lower corporate charges.
1. Increasing Demand of Fuel: Oil is expected to remain the largest source of energy with its share remaining close to one-third in 2040.The share of natural gas is to reach 40% by 2040.Global Natural Gas demand is expected to rise by 45% in Asia Pacific region. According to International Energy Agency, the investment required meeting oil and gas supply requirements worldwide over the period till 2040 will be about $23 trillion.
2. Mergers & Acquisitions and Agreements: The Company has grown its portfolio value and should continue to do further. Recently, The Company has undertaken High-potential exploration program on over 14 million gross acres in Guyana Suriname. ExxonMobil Makes Final Investment Decision to Proceed with Liza Oil Development in Guyana. The company has entered into Mexico Fuel Markets.
3. R&D in Bio fuels: The company has to progress investments and strengthen the portfolio in downstream and chemical business. The company has found breakthrough in algae biofuel research.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check out analysis of other relevant companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
Copyrights and Disclaimer
ExxonMobil SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Himanshu Satoskar and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.
Copyright of ExxonMobil SWOT and PESTLE Analysis is the property of Barakaat Consulting. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for usage guidelines.
The text on www.swotandpestle.com are the property of Barakaat Consulting. While every attempt has been made to ensure completeness, accuracy and reliability of the analysis, Barakaat Consulting and its associate websites cannot be held responsible for omissions or errors in our pages or any links on any of our pages. Analyses published by us above may not totally reflect the company's opinions, reader's discretion is advised. Users have the right to choose the products that suits them the most.