COMPANY PROFILE -HubSpot
Business Sector :Information Technology- Cloud Computing and Software
Operating Geography :United States, North America, Global
About HubSpot :HubSpot operates as an American developer and marketer of software products. They primarily engage in the provision of cloud-based, inbound marketing software that helps businesses in marketing their product online. Its diverse portfolio includes social media publishing and management, blogging, predictive lead scoring, sales productivity, ticketing and helpdesk tools, customer NPS (net promoter score), email marketing, SEO, marketing automation, website content management, search engine optimization and reporting and management. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts and it employs a dynamic workforce of around 3,400 full-time employees and 74,400+ customers from over 129 countries as of 2020. HubSpot was founded by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah in 2006. The company’s primary focus was “inbound”- the idea that people do not want to be harassed or interrupted by salesmen but want to be helped. In simpler terms, customer satisfaction was brought to the forefront of their business strategies. HubSpot offers its services through various segments such as Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub and a powerful free CRM. HubSpot has won three Top Rated Awards 2020 for All-in-One Marketing, Marketing Analytics and Marketing Automation Software from TrustRadius.
HubSpot’s unique selling proposition or USP lies in being a leading growth platform for businesses. HubSpot’s mission statement reads, “There's this notion that to grow a business, you have to be ruthless. But we know there's a better way to grow. One where what's good for the bottom line is also good for customers. We believe businesses can grow with a conscience, and succeed with a soul — and that they can do it with inbound. That's why we've created a platform uniting software, education, and community to help businesses grow better every day.”
HubSpot Revenue :
$ 646.3 million - FY ending 31st December 2019 (y-o-y growth 32.6%)
$ 487.4 million - FY ending 31st December 2018
Competitive Analysis of HubSpot
|1. All round solution to manage marketing, sales and service under a single roof|
2. Large and Growing Solutions Partner Program
3. Global leader in implementing an inbound experience in marketing and sales
4. Global outreach and high growth product line up
5. Well diversified customer portfolio
6. Extendable and open architecture of Growth Platform with powerful Network effects
|1. Lack of patents makes Hubspot features susceptible to duplication
2. Surmounting losses and increasing debts, weakening finances
3. Lack Company-owned data centers
|1. With flexible pricing and free CRM software Hubspot can target small sized enterprises also|
2. Grow as open platform for app developers
3. Develop disparate point applications to cater to specific needs of clients
|1. Subscription based business model makes Hubspot revenue generation highly performance dependent
2. High dependence on Growth Platform indicates lack of diversification of services
3. Multiple alternatives from competitors eating into market share
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of HubSpot
1. All round solution to manage marketing, sales and service under a single roof: Hubspot provides the leading cloud based marketing and customer assistance platform known as Growth Platform. It provides all round alternatives to channelize and grow in marketing, sales and service under the umbrella of Growth Platform through subdivided platforms, namely, Marketing Hub, Sales Hub and Service Hub respectively. All the above platforms converge into Hubspot CRM for a centralized approach towards various activities; moreover, all the above applications are deeply integrated with each other. Apart from them, Hubspot understands the requirement of content creation and management, for which it has a CMS platform, where developers and marketers can integrate their understanding of the customer approach and develop and design it's components like websites, SEO optimization, website analytics, multi language content creation etc. In simple terms Hubspot automatesall the repetitive tasks of a business. It can control emails and campaigns to invoicing, assist salesman to accountant, takes care of the needs of all the entities involved in the business right from the owner of the business to its customers for every single product or service.
Subscription and freemium based business model makes Hubspot feasible for everyone: HubSpot operates as a "platform", which makes its business model extremely light and easily scalable.Hubspot relies on inbound marketing, inbound sales and inbound channel sales. Inbound marketing usually attempts at gaining new users of the Growth Platform. Hubspot has multiple benefits provided free of cost to the consumers. Using free package, it gives opportunity to consumers to understand its product proposition and benefits. Moreover, this freemium subscription, also paves the way for inbound direct sales. The freemium users already serve as leads to its sales team. For Hubspot a customer is a user or group of users from the same organization. Hubspot charges for only the active users of an enterprise and rest of the users can still use the free products of Hubspot. This advantage added with various packages based on choice of monthly or annual or likewise longer-term charges constitute the subscription based business model of Hubspot. It allows users to use Hubspot with not necessary huge investments. This makes Hubspot a market leader among marketing platforms who target mid sized enterprises. Various monthly subscriptions varying beginning from few scores of dollars to larger period subscriptions also make it attractive for small sized enterprises that want an early recognition and growth in their business.The remaining section of “Strength” is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
WeaknessThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
OpportunityThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
ThreatsThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
Major Competitors :
- Salesforce Pardot
- Act on
- Hoot Suite
- Mall Chimp
- Active Campaign
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in HubSpot Analysis Report
1. Know Your Market - Example: 3 Tips for Environmentally Friendly Marketing –
2. Annual Report Filed 02/12/20 for the Period Ending 12/31/19 – https://www.annualreports.com/HostedData/AnnualReports/PDF/NYSE_HUBS_2019.pdf
3. How HubSpot Is Responding to COVID-19 and Its Economic Impact – https://www.hubspot.com/en-us/coronavirus-response
4. 8 HubSpot Alternatives You Should Switch to in 2020 – https://www.engagebay.com/blog/hubspot-alternatives/
The detailed complete set of references are available on request in the 'Complete report' on purchase.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
HubSpot SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2020). HubSpot SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/hubspot/ [Accessed 24 Sep, 2020].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2020)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
HubSpot SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Tej Narayan Shaw and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.