COMPANY PROFILE -O'Reilly Auto Parts
Business Sector :Automotive Industry
Operating Geography :United States, North America
About O'Reilly Auto Parts :O'Reilly Auto Parts is an American retailer company which provides automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States serving both the professional service providers and do-it-yourself (DIY)customers. It is headquartered in Springfield, U. S. On December 2, 1957 Charles O'Reilly started the O'Reilly company with one store and 13 employees at 403 Sherman in Springfield. Later in 1998, O'Reilly merged with Hi/LO Auto Supply, adding 182 auto parts stores in Texas and Louisiana and the acquisition of Hi/LO made O’Reilly one of the top 10 auto parts chains in the country. O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. operates more than 5,400 stores in 47 states, including Alaska and Hawaii as of 2019. The company has over 1,300 locations that can custom-build hydraulic hoses and it also collects used motor oil, automotive batteries, transmission fluid, gear oil and oil filters for recycling. By post 2020, the company plans to open approximately 180 net, new stores which will increase the company's penetration in existing markets and allow for expansion into new, contiguous markets. As of 2019, the company provided services to 82,484 employees.
O'Reilly Auto Parts’ Unique Selling Proposition or USP lies in being the leading auto parts retailer in all of its operational market territories. O'Reilly Auto Part’s mission statement reads, " O'Reilly Automotive intends to be the dominant supplier of auto parts in our market areas by offering our retail customers, professional installers, and jobbers the best combination of price and quality provided with the highest possible service level".
O'Reilly Auto Parts Revenue :
$10,149,985 – FY ending 31st March, 2019
$9,536,428 – FY ending 31st March, 2018
Competitive Analysis of O'Reilly Auto Parts
|1. Wide presence in the US markets with aggressive opening of new stores|
2. Relentless focus on consistent and outstanding customer service
3. Omnichannel Growth Strategy
|1. Losing investor confidence by understating off balance sheet debt
2. Sensitive to regional economic and weather conditions that could impact costs and sales
|1. Strategic acquisitions may help to grow in the current downturn.|
2. Growing and aging vehicle fleet will fuel growth for maintenance and repairs
3. Expand distribution footprint to support store growth
| 1. COVID 19 resulted in decrease of 13 % of store sales
2. Auto parts industry is a highly competitive market
3. Growing entry from ecommerce players eroding demand
4. Dramatic shift in automotive industry will impact aftermarket part industry
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of O'Reilly Auto Parts
StrengthThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
WeaknessThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
1. Strategic acquisitions may help to grow in the current downturn: Acquisitions have been useful in the past for O’Reilly Automotive as in with CSK Acquisition in 2008, VIP Acquisition in 2012 and Bond Acquisition in 2016 which helped the company to grow enormously. With the new acquisitions of Bennett Auto Supply and Mayasa, there is a good opportunity for O’Reilly Automotive to expand further as the company has become global with the acquisition of Mayasa Ltd, which is a Mexican company. This partnership not only gave O’Reilly an entry into the international market, Mayasa Ltd came with 1,100 team members, 21 additional stores, and more than 2,000 jobbers services to six distribution centers. These resources will help to tap the international market further in coming years.
2. Growing and aging vehicle fleet will fuel growth for maintenance and repairs: Healthy levels of new car sales and stable, low scrappage rates incrementally increase the total size of the vehicle fleet, which was pegged at an approximate figure of 272 million vehicles in the USA as of 2019. At the same time, advancements in vehicle engineering and manufacturing have produced vehicles capable of being reliably driven at higher and higher mileages, pushing the average vehicle age to 11.7 years old. The steady growth in miles driven has been supported by sustained healthy levels of total employment as people commute to from their homes to their workplaces; this positive backdrop also contributes to solid consumer confidence, another positive for O’Reilly’s business.
The remaining section under "Opportunity" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
ThreatThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
Major Competitors :
- Dorman Products
- Genuine Parts Company
- Advance Auto Parts
Major Brands :
- BrakeBest Select
- Power Torque Hand Tools
- Super Start Batteries
- MicroGard Filters
- Ultima Starters and Alternators
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in O'Reilly Auto Parts Analysis Report
1. O’Reilly auto parts Annual report 2019 - https://www.annualreports.com/HostedData/AnnualReports/PDF/NASDAQ_ORLY_2019.pdf
2. As a Federal agency, NHTSA regulates the safety of motor vehicles and related equipment. - https://www.nhtsa.gov/laws-regulations
3. As a Federal agency, NHTSA regulates the safety of motor vehicles and related equipment.- https://corporate.oreillyauto.com/cmsstatic/O'Reilly%20Automotive,%20Inc.%20Third%20Quarter%202020%20Earnings%20Release.pdf
4. The O'Reilly Corporate Mission Statement - https://corporate.oreillyauto.com/corporate-information-general-info
5. How 14 Policy Scenarios Might Change After the U.S. Election - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-03/14-u-s-policies-that-could-change-after-the-2020-election
The detailed complete set of references are available on request in the 'Complete report' on purchase.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
O’Reilly Auto Parts SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). O’Reilly Auto Parts SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/oreilly/ [Accessed 21 Apr, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
O'Reilly Auto Parts SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Ayush Agarwal and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.