COMPANY PROFILE -Robert Bosch
Business Sector :Industrial Conglomerate
Operating Geography :Germany, Europe, Global
About Robert Bosch :
Robert Bosch GmbH or Bosch is a multinational engineering and electronics company established in 1886 in Stuttgart, Germany. The company is headquartered in Gerlingen, Germany, and employs roughly 400,000 associates worldwide as of early 2020. Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology are the key business sectors that Bosch operates in. Its core strategic objective is to offer innovative and connected products and solutions that contain Artificial Intelligence technology or being manufactured with its help. The core strength of Bosch is its technology that is "invented for life", giving it worldwide recognition. It's manufacturing, engineering, and sales network have a strong foothold across the world. The Bosch Group includes Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiary and regional companies in 60 countries. Bosch's groundbreaking passenger protection, the electronic airbag control unit launched nearly 40 years ago is a great example of how the group manages to invent innovative technologies and be a pioneer is all most all segments it operates in. Also, with the launch of the world’s first fully-integrated split-screen for motorcycles in Nov 2020, Bosch perseveres its position as a leader in the automotive electronics and safety industry.
The company's vision statement reads "mobility that is sustainable, safe, and exciting." Bosch's mission is "to become one of the world’s leading internet of things (IoT) companies".
The USP or Unique Selling Proposition of Bosch sprawls in being one of the world's largest distributors of electronics and a leading provider of IoT based connected appliances suitable for home, industries, mobility, manufacturing, logistics processes, and even agricultural applications.
Robert Bosch Revenue :
Euros 77,721 million - FY ending 31st December 2019 (Y-O-Y growth of (negative) -0.9%)
Euros 78,465 million - FY ending 31st December 2018
Competitive Analysis of Robert Bosch
|1. Diverse portfolio of products|
2. Strong Capabilities to tap in emerging markets, backed by geographic diversification
3. Consolidated ownership providing the group with entrepreneurial freedom for growth
4. Strong focus on innovation and R&D
|1. Frequent product recalls affecting the brand reputation
2. Overdependence on a single segment
|1. Growth in the global automotive industry|
2. Strong presence in Newly Emerging Markets (NEMs)
3. Establishing a leading position in the internet of things (IoT)
4. Major potential for growth in electromobility
|1. Increase in trade protectionism policies
2. Intense competition in the automotive sector
3. Impact of global economic scenarios (BREXIT and slowdown of Chinese economy growth) on global automotive industry
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Robert Bosch
1. Diverse portfolio of products: The strategic objective of Bosch is to deliver solutions for a connected life. In their words, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for Life”. They intend to deliver this through a portfolio of products divided into four major business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Consumer Goods, Industrial Technology, and Energy and Building Technology. This diversification in the product portfolio provides them with a dual advantage, firstly shield them against unfavorable forces in a specific market and secondly enables them to identify opportunities across various industries.
2. Strong Capabilities to tap in emerging markets, backed by geographic diversification: Bosch Group comprises of Robert Bosch GmbH and its 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in 60 countries. With the help of its sales and service partners, it operates in around 150 countries across the world. Europe is its biggest market accounting for 52% of its revenue in FY19. This geographic diversification helps them in reducing the business risks and also take advantage of the opportunities in the emerging markets.
3. Consolidated ownership providing the group with entrepreneurial freedom for growth: 92% of the shares of Robert Bosch GmbH are owned by a charitable foundation named Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH whereas the majority of voting rights are held by an industrial trust Robert Bosch Industrietreuhand KG, and the remaining shares are owned by the Bosch family and by Robert Bosch GmbH. This consolidation in the share capital provides Bosch group with the entrepreneurial freedom to plan over long term and also to take up significant upfront investments, if needed, without any major corporate hassle.
The remaining section under "Strengths" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
The remaining section under "Weakness" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
The remaining section under "Opportunities" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
The remaining section under "Threats" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in Robert Bosch Analysis Report
1. Bosch annual report 2019 - https://assets.bosch.com/media/global/bosch_group/our_figures/pdf/bosch-annual-report-2019.pdf
2. Bosch today 2020 report - https://assets.bosch.com/media/global/bosch_group/our_figures/pdf/bosch-today-2020.pdf
3. Bosch about us - https://www.bosch.com/company/
4. Bosch latest updates - https://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/news/
5. Bosch: world’s first fully integrated split screen for motorcycles rolls out on the road - https://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/bosch-worlds-first-split-screen-for-motorcycles-rolls-out-on-the-road-220736.htmlThe detailed complete set of references are available on request in the 'Complete report' on purchase.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Robert Bosch SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). Robert Bosch SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/robert-bosch/ [Accessed 01 Mar, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
Robert Bosch SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted Mahakpreet Singh Bhatia and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.