COMPANY PROFILE -Standard Life Aberdeen
Business Sector :Banking and Financial Services, Asset Management
Operating Geography :Europe, UK, Global
About Standard Life Aberdeen :Standard Life Aberdeen was formed as a result of merger between Standard Life and Aberdeen Asset Management in 2017. The company is headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland and has operations across the globe.
Standard Life Aberdeen Revenue :GBP 18.73 billion (FY 2016)
Competitive Analysis of Standard Life Aberdeen
|1. Diversified world class investment company |
2. Merger to leverage Standard Life and Aberdeen's combined strengths
3. Strong pension and savings platform
|1. Concerns about the viability of the co-chief executive arrangement setup post-merger|
|1. Evolution of the UK pensions and savings market|
2. Entry and expansion in US and India markets
|1. Financial Conduct Authority 2017 report to put pressure on UK’s asset management industry
2. Market volatility due to adverse political developments
3. Competition from passive funds operating at a lower cost base
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Standard Life Aberdeen
1. Diversified world class investment company: Standard Life Aberdeen is a world class investment company. Through improved diversification Standard Life Aberdeen has the capability to deliver high returns through economies of scale and ensure sustainable, progressive dividend for its shareholders. Further, Standard Life Aberdeen offers sophisticated investment solutions globally with an established distribution channel, a key strength which it can leverage upon.
2. Merger to leverage Standard Life and Aberdeen's combined strengths: The merger between Standard Life and Aberdeen has created an entity leveraging the strengths of both the players. The combined entity will be UK’s largest fund manager with more than £660bn of assets under management (AUM). Aberdeen core strengths lie in emerging markets and utilities whilst Standard Life is well established in developed markets and multi-assets and solutions. Further the integration will help in deepening and broadening the investment capabilities across a wide range of financial products across asset classes and geographies.
3. Strong pension and savings platform: Standard Life Aberdeen is strongly committed to investment platforms which is one of its core competencies. There has been considerable financial resource allocation and management focus on platforms and the acquisition of AXA’s Elevate platform in 2015 is an evidence in this regard. Further, Standard Life in 2016 announced the ‘Accelerate’ program, a £30m investment for platform developments which will help in enhancing the technology and infrastructure and strengthen Standard Life Wrap’s optimization for Pension Freedoms. Also the company boasts of a Defaqto 5 Star Platform Rating, Winner of Platform of the Year and Best Platform Provider (AUM over £12.5bn) for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in Standard Life Aberdeen Analysis Report
2. Standard Life Aberdeen Plc Merger Prospectus: https://www.standardlife.com/sites/dotcom/library/GM2017-Prospectus.pdf
3. Investors pouring billions into passively managed funds: https://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/27/more-investors-are-making-the-switch-to-passively-managed-etfs.html
4. AKG's Platform Profile: https://library.adviserzone.com/AKG-standard-life-savings-feb-2017.pdf
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Standard Life Aberdeen SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2020). Standard Life Aberdeen SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/standard-life-aberdeen/ [Accessed 02 Apr, 2020].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2020)