COMPANY PROFILE -Stockland Corporation Ltd.
Business Sector :Construction, Realty
Operating Geography :Australia and NZ, United Kingdom
About Stockland Corporation Ltd. :Stockland Corporation was founded in 1952. Initially it was named as Stocks and Land. It is headquartered at Sydney, Australia. It deals with the development and management of retail, office, industrial and office park properties in mainland Australia, UK and New Zealand. It also offers services like property trust management and property management. It has a total of 1498 employees as of FY 2016.
Stockland Corporation Ltd. Revenue :$A 2.3 billion (FY ending 30th June 2016)
Competitive Analysis of Stockland Corporation Ltd.
|1. Largest diversified property company in Australia|
2. Strong control across the value chain and established relationship with stakeholders.
3. Sustainability and environmental friendly business outlook.
4. High operational efficiency and flexible working environment
|1. Deterioration in Stockland’s retail portfolio|
|1. Opportunities in residential ‘Re-development’ domain |
2. Digital revolution to open new market opportunities
|1. Stiff domestic and international competition
2. Affordable housing an increasing challenge in Australia
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Stockland Corporation Ltd.
1. Deterioration in Stockland’s retail portfolio: There are significant “signs of weakness” in Stockland’s retail portfolio visible which may impact the overall performance of the group. Stockland has a $7 billion retail portfolio which has been impacted by structural economic challenges and decreasing sales. Further according to CLSA the key underperformers in the retail sub-segment for Stockland were specialty stores and supermarkets which registered a growth of -0.2 per cent and 0.0 per cent respectively over Q4 FY17. The company’s retail portfolio has also underperformed its peers over the last five years and there are longer-term challenges which will continue to impact Stockland’s retail segment.
1. Opportunities in residential ‘Re-development’ domain: Stockland hasn’t ventured into ‘Re-development’ domain in the Residential space which are offering promising returns. These projects would transform into affordable housing opportunities, a segment which is expected to outperform in otherwise difficult market conditions.
2. Digital revolution to open new market opportunities: The digital revolution is rapidly affecting consumer behaviour and opening up opportunities on new fronts which Stockland can leverage upon. Technology integrations and enhancements including online residential and retirement living engagement opportunities will help in developing business growth. Stockland can transform its retail centres as community hubs by providing e-enabled services and digital solutions. Further, internally in the organization it can encourage a culture of employee innovation through crowdsourcing of ideas.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in Stockland Corporation Ltd. Analysis Report
2. Investor Day 2017 Presentation: https://www.stockland.com.au/~/media/corporate/pdf/investor-centre/reports-and-presentations/presentations/2017-investor-day-presentation.ashx?la=en
3. Stockland Corporation Shareholder Review FY16: https://www.stockland.com.au/~/media/corporate/pdf/investor-centre/reports-and-presentations/reports/stockland-shareholder-review-fy16.ashx?la=en
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Stockland Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). Stockland Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/stockland-corporation-ltd/ [Accessed 24 Feb, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)