COMPANY PROFILE -Teradata Corporation
Business Sector :Information Technology- Software and Consulting
Operating Geography :United States, North America, Global
About Teradata Corporation :Teradata operates as a database software company that provides cloud analytical data on its platforms through its integrated services for software technologies. The companies’ consulting services include a diverse portfolio of solutions to aid organizations in their path to success. Teradata offers its services to multiple industries such as communications, financial services, government, healthcare, media and entertainment, oil and gas, transportation, retail, and insurance. The company is headquartered in San Diego, California and it employs a workforce of 8535 people across 65 locations as of 2020. Teradata was founded in January 1979 in Brentwood, California by Jack E. Shemer and Philip M. Neches and Walter E. Muir, Jerold R. Modes, William P. Worth, Carroll Reed and David Hartke, Walter E. Muir, Jerold R. Modes, William P. Worth, Carroll Reed and David Hartke. The company mainly operates in three segments: Business analytics, cloud products and consulting. Teradata offers its analytical services internationally and it is widely renowned for helping its clients achieve their analytical goals by rapidly preserving business value whilst reducing risks at every juncture. Teradata was recently honoured with the title of being ‘World’s Most Ethical Company 2019’.
Teradata’s unique selling proposition or USP lies in being the world’s largest company primarily focused on creating businesses through database software. Teradata’s mission statement reads, “We're on a mission to disrupt current thinking and to make the world a better place. When we champion one another, share our expertise, and learn from each other—regardless of department or expertise—we multiply our value.”
Teradata Corporation Revenue :
$ 1,899 million - FY ending 31st December 2019 (y-o-y growth 8.6%)
$ 2,164 million - FY ending 31st December 2018
Competitive Analysis of Teradata Corporation
|1. Rich client base across the globe|
2. Subscription based pricing makes Teradata available to all sizes of organization
3. A leader among data management solution providers
|1. Falling business in Americas
2. High dependence on American market
|1. Increase foothold in Asian market through gaining grounds in India|
2. Analytics to play a huge role in healthcare industry
3. Grab government contracts for works in data management and analytics
|1. Intense Competition from established firms
2. Continuously changing business strategies may affect consumer sentiments
3. Calls for significant investment for an organisation
4. Consulting business to suffer heavily during the pandemic as client visits are off
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Teradata Corporation
StrengthThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
WeaknessThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
1. Increase foothold in Asian market by gaining grounds in India: The Asian outreach of Teradata contributes on 18 to the annual revenue of Teradata. With rising trade war between USA and China, expansion in China becomes a risky venture. The next big market is India, the fastest growing economy in the world. Digitization of services is rising at an unprecedented pace in India with accessibility to the world wide web at cheap data rates. Moreover, most of the Indian industries are untouched by automation and data analytics. Indian Government is keen to welcome brands to set up operations in India. The government of India has allotted $480 million towards the development of fifth generation technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and Internet of things (IoT). Accenture has projected that educated investments in AI could add $957 billion to the Indian economy by 2035. The Ministry of Defence’s Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics has been endeavoring to build systems which employ AI, robotics, networking, communication intelligence and secrecy. In recent times, intelligence is one of the most coveted commodity for Indian security agencies. All these factors make India an attractive market for big and small players in the industry of Data Analytics. Teradata has already started tying up with central and state governments of India. A broader market exploration could beef up the revenues of Teradata.The remaining section of “Opportunity” is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
ThreatsThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in Teradata Corporation Analysis Report
1. This Is The Year Of AI Regulations –
2. Teradata can help align the right people, technology, and analytics to deliver better business outcomes using a unique combination of strengths – https://www.teradata.com/Cloud/Analytics
3. People we need to talk about Mass Electronic Surveillance – https://www.teradata.com/Blogs/We-Need-to-Talk-About-Mass-Electronic-Surveillance
4. Terradata 2019 Annual Report – https://s23.q4cdn.com/501457330/files/doc_financials/annual/2019/Teradata-2019-Annual-Report.pdf
The detailed complete set of references are available on request in the 'Complete report' on purchase.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Teradata Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2020). Teradata Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/teradata-corporation/ [Accessed 28 Oct, 2020].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2020)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
Teradata Corporation SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Tej Narayan Shaw and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.