COMPANY PROFILE -Unisys Corporation
Business Sector :Information Technology – Cloud Computing and Software
Operating Geography :United States, North America, Global
About Unisys Corporation :Unisys Corporation is an American global information technology company headquartered in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. It provides IT services, software and technology. Founded in 1986, the company is the legacy proprietor of the Burroughs and UNIVAC line of computers. The merger of mainframe corporations Sperry and Burroughs formed the company in 1986, with the latter buying the former for $4.8 billion. The name of the company is pieced together from the words united, information and systems. Unisys Corporation announced that in August 2020, Nelson Hall has listed the organization as the regional market sector leader in the Evaluation & Assessment Tool Vendor Analysis report for Advanced Digital Workplace Service, for the third straight year. The products and services offered by Unisys include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. It also operates data centers around the world. The list of awards and recognitions achieved by Unisys in 2020 is flatteringly long. The APAC Paragon 2020 Awards for Civil Registry System Modernization's Positive Impact on the Community, DEI Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion 2020 and The STAT Trade Times 2020 International Award for Excellence in Air Cargo, are just to name a few. This information technology consulting services company also featured in the 2020 list of Diversity Inc's Top 50 companies.
Unisys Corps' Unique Selling Proposition or USP lies in offering game-changing services and products in the IT industry and maintaining its position in the list of top IT consulting companies of the world. Unisys is a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions for the most demanding businesses and governments on Earth. Unisys’ mission statement reads "Enhancing people's lives through secure, reliable advanced technology.”
Unisys Corporation Revenue :
$ 2,948.7 million - FY ending 31st December 2019 (y-o-y growth 4.34%)
$ 2,825.0 million - FY ending 31st December 2018
Competitive Analysis of Unisys Corporation
|1. Region centric approach to promote brand visibility |
2. Strong presence in government sector
3. Presence in the booming business of cloud computing
4. Multiple products and wide services portfolio
|1. No presence in media and entertainment segment
2. No presence in Automotive IT solution segment
3. Significant dependency on U.S. pension plans for revenue
4. Loss making organization
|1. Decreasing debt through restructuring|
2. New sets of opportunity in the healthcare sector
|1. Curbs on competing for upcoming US Federal businesses
2. High competition in its offerings
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Unisys Corporation
1. Region centric approach to promote brand visibility: Unisys, being a long-term participant in the IT industry, understands the importance of cultural acceptability in different parts of world wherever the company is present. Taking this into consideration, Unisys runs 25 different websites in 6 different languages depending on their prevalence in a particular nation. Apart from that, Unisys knows the importance of Golf in the executive world in terms of branding, so it has promoted the Golf partnerships for its customers and employees in the developed markets but as an exception it is promoting its student project contest Cloud 20/20 in the workforce producing nation, India. Cloud 20/20 has been named after the famous cricket format 20-20, as it is a widely watched and popular sport among Indians. Unisys has collaboration with pro golfer Kevin Dougherty and Ryan Palmer would wear Unisys jersey in all the matches of 2020. To attract fresh talent Unisys also promotes its work culture on its websites and at various social media platforms.The remaining section of “Strength” is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
WeaknessThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
OpportunityThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
1. Curbs on competing for upcoming US Federal businesses: Unisys Federal is the leading provider of infrastructure modernization, cloud migration and IT service provider to the US government. The unit belonged to Unisys Corp. Due to high debt, Unisys had to get rid of one of its crown jewel in the product portfolio to Science Application International Corp. (SAIC) in March 2020. It made SAIC the largest IT service provider to the US government. It is a very strategic benefit to SAIC. Apart from long term benefits in business, the clauses of the deal also restricts Unisys from taking part in further upcoming projects of US government, specially the ones already in the indices of Unisys Federal. Although, this deal brings fresh monetary inputs in Unisys, which enabled it to clear off its due but it also keeps Unisys exposed to long term disadvantage for several years if it cannot participate in the projects of the government in the nation of its origin.The remaining section of “Threats" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in Unisys Corporation Analysis Report
1. Investor Report 2020 -https://www.unisys.com/common/investors/financial/2020/2020_1Q_10Q.pdf
2. Unisys Corporation 2019 Annual Report - https://www.app5.unisys.com/investors/annuals/2019_UnisysAnnualReport.pdf
3. SAIC to Acquire Unisys Federal in Accretive, Strategic and Value Creating Transaction - https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200206005447/en/SAIC-Acquire-Unisys-Federal-Accretive-Strategic-Creating
4. Life at Unisys India - https://www.unisys.co.in/aboutus/unisys-india-overview/life-at-unisys-india
5. Unisys Golf Sponsorship Program - https://www.unisys.com/about-us/unisys-golf-sponsorship-program
The detailed complete set of references are available on request in the 'Complete report' on purchase.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Unisys Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). Unisys Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/unisys/ [Accessed 18 Apr, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
Unisys Corporation SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Tej Narayan Shaw and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.