COMPANY PROFILE -Tokio Marine Holdings
Business Sector :Insurance
Operating Geography :Japan, Asia, Global
About Tokio Marine Holdings :Tokio Marine Holdings is a multinational insurance company, established in 1879 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company has a market capitalization of 3.5 trillion yen with total assets accounting for 22.6 trillion yen. The company operates in 38 countries and regions around the world.
Tokio Marine Holdings Revenue :275,578 Yen (2016)
Competitive Analysis of Tokio Marine Holdings
|1. Active diverse insurance portfolio|
2. Wide retail distribution and claim services
3. High level of specialty and business understanding
4. Sound financial base
5. Stable workforce and diverse culture
|1. Japan prone to natural disasters
2. Major operations in Japan
|1. Business expansion|
2. Incorporating technology
3. Building culture to sustain growth
|1. Policy and regulations
2. Increasing climate disasters can affect profits
3. Competitors share
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Tokio Marine Holdings
1. Active diverse insurance portfolio: Tokio Marine is in various domains which include domestic nonlife business insurance, domestic life insurance business, international insurance business, and general business. In FY2017,13% of their insurance premiums will come from the domestic life business,34% will come from international business, and 53% will come from the domestic non-life business. The diversification has enabled to improve their performance.
2. Wide retail distribution and claim services: The company has a wide network both inside and outside of Japan which allows them to address customer needs and in supporting claims. Outside Japan, they have grown exponentially by acquiring Kiln, Delphi, Philadelphia, etc. It will help the company to take care of customers in their local markets as well as expand globally.
3. High level of specialty and business understanding: Tokio Marine develop an expertise to create products and services that meet the needs of the customers. For e.g., Super Insurance was designed for the Japanese market. It provides both life and non-life protection to entire family and can also be customized as per customer needs.
4. Sound financial base: They have a stable business portfolio and are continuously receiving same rating or higher than the Japanese sovereign rating. They have been rated by highly rated organizations where S&P rated them A+, Moody’s gave them Aa3 and A.M. Best rated them A++ which indicates the organization is financially secure and stable.
5. Stable workforce and diverse culture: It has a dedicated workforce with 51,302 agents in Japan and also it operates in 38 countries. They used a strategy called “Majikira” which is embedded in the DNA of the company. Majikira is a Japanese word which means to have a discussion on a serious topic but in a casual manner. There exist townhall meetings and open discussions which encourage the people to speak on the issues.
The unpublished sections of the entire SWOT analysis is available in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Tokio Marine Holdings SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2020). Tokio Marine Holdings SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/tokio-marine-holdings/ [Accessed 09 Aug, 2020].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2020)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
Tokio Marine Holdings SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Amandeep Singh and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.