COMPANY PROFILE -Parker-Hannifin Corporation
Business Sector :Motion and Control Technologies
Operating Geography :North America, United States
About Parker-Hannifin Corporation :Parker-Hannifin Corporation is the leading worldwide diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions. The Company was incorporated in Ohio, USA in 1938. The Company’s two reporting segments are: Diversified Industrial and Aerospace Systems. It has a total of 57,447 employees.
Parker-Hannifin Corporation Revenue :$11.4 billion – FY ending June 2016
Competitive Analysis of Parker-Hannifin Corporation
|1. Diversity in customers|
2. Diversity in products
3. Robust distribution channel
4. Strong R&D capabilities
|1. Unfavourable incidents & litigation|
|1. Healthy outlook for global aerospace and defense market|
2. Growing North American air conditioning systems markets
|1. Increased regulation of greenhouse gas emissions
2. Risk related to its non-US operations
3. Risk relating to preservation of intellectual property
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of Parker-Hannifin Corporation
1) Diversity in Customers: The Company’s technologies and systems are used throughout industries and applications. It is worth noting that no single customer accounted for more than 4% of the Company's net sales for the year ended June 30, 2016.
2) Diversity in Products: Company offers a wide variety of individual products, with no single product contributed more than 1% to the company's net sales for the year ended June 30, 2016.
3) Robust distribution channel: Their products are primarily marketed through field sales employees and approximately 13,200 independent distributors’ locations throughout the world. The company provides its products over numerous, varied markets through its division operating in 49 countries.
4) Strong R&D capabilities: It is one of the leading manufacturers of motion and control technologies and systems. It has a number of development laboratories and testing facilities. It has been able to launch innovative products time to time. Strong R&D capabilities allow Parker to attain the competitive advantage over its peers, maintain the technological edge over its competitors.
1) Unfavourable Incidents & litigations: It is being subject to litigation, commercial disputes relating to its business from time to time. These events, apart from potential loss in company's business, financial condition or results of operation, also have an adverse impact on the brand image of the Company as a whole.
1) Healthy outlook for global aerospace and defence market: The global aerospace and defence segment is expected to see a robust growth due to the increase in demand from the developing countries. The company’s products are used on aircraft manufactured around the world, including commercial and military transports.
2) Growing North American air conditioning systems markets: After a long slump, air conditioning systems market is poised to grow in North America due to the growth in the residential construction industry. The Company is into designing and manufacturing of refrigeration and air conditioning components for residential, commercial, industrial and mobile markets. Also, it has enhanced its air conditioning portfolio through the acquisition of various refrigeration brands.
1) Increased regulation of greenhouse gas emissions: In the recent times, there has been an increased focus on climate change issues which have led to various regulatory and legislative efforts to limit the emission of greenhouse gases and other related climate change concerns, which could subject to additional costs and restrictions, including energy and raw material costs.
2) Risk related to its non-US Operations: The company’s net sales derived from customers outside the United States were approximately 41% in 2016. With the protectionist measures being taken by various governments, as well dependency on exchange rates could see an adverse effect on the Company’s business, results of operations or financial conditions.
3) Risk relating to preservation of Intellectual Property: With the increasingly global nature of Company's business, it has become very critical for Company to safeguard itself against infringement on Company's intellectual property. The ability of Company to pursue legal recourse is limited in countries where law or enforcement practices are either inadequate or undeveloped.Parker-Hannifin Corporation SWOT analysis has been conducted by Roshan Bhatt and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Parker-Hannifin Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). Parker-Hannifin Corporation SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/parker-hannifin/ [Accessed 27 Feb, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)