COMPANY PROFILE -ANZ Bank
Business Sector :Banking and Financial Services
Operating Geography :Australia, New Zealand, Global
About ANZ Bank :The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ Bank) was first opened as Bank of Australia, which opened its first office in Sydney in the year 1835. It then established an office in Melbourne in 1838 which is where its current headquarters is located. ANZ operates in 33 markets globally with representation in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Pacific, Europe, America and the Middle East.ANZ is the 3rd largest bank in Australia, the largest banking group in New Zealand and Pacific, and among the top 20 banks in the world. It provides a range of banking and financial products and services to over 9 million customers and employs over 50,000 people worldwide.
ANZ Bank Revenue :A$6.94 billion – Cash Profit (FY ending 30th Sept 2017)
Ownership / Major shareholders :ANZ is a company that is publicly listed and was established in the year 1977. The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited is the operating company with the main holding. Being one of the 5 largest listed Australian companies, ANZ stands as the No.1 bank in New Zealand as well. The Bank has more than 545,000 shareholders, minus the ANZ employee shares that are held under the bank’s employee share schemes.
Competitive Analysis of ANZ Bank
|1. Talent Management|
2. Environmental and community welfare strategies
3. Continuous Growth
4. Shareholders Delight
5. Rich Value based system
|1. Interest rate fixation scandal
2. Controversies and scams
3. Poor Technology
|1. Employee Engagement|
2. Environment protection
3. New markets
|1. Culture Mismatch
2. Competitor threats in existing & evolving markets.
3. Low Risk Appetite
4. Potential loss of customers due to poor service and controversies
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of ANZ Bank
1. Talent Management: In order to ensure high level of customer satisfaction, a lot of focus is given on attracting and managing the right talent. The bank focuses on attracting talent from diverse backgrounds on the basis of age, gender and culture. A lot of focus is also given on rewarding and recognizing employees, continuously reviewing existing working conditions and ensuring good working relations with a view to retain talented employees. The primary aim behind providing all these benefits is to ensure an ethical and customer service oriented workforce.
Major Brands :BladePay and FastPay Next Generation
Key Business Segments / Diversification :
Recent Acquisition / Mergers / Alliance / Joint Ventures / Divestitures :Open Table Preview
|Royal Bank of Scotland||Banking and Finance||2009||Acquisition||RBS assets in Indonesia, Singapore and Hong Kong were acquired in order to establish its presence in the Asian Financial Market and compete with other global banks.|
|National Bank of New Zealand||Banking and Finance||2003||Acquisition||It helped ANZ bank to create a stronger banking system in New Zealand, with better organization and smarter set-up.|
|Grindlays||Banking and Finance||1984||Acquisition||It's objective was to establish itself outside Australia and New Zealand|
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in ANZ Bank Analysis Report
1. ANZ Bank. 2015. Company Profile- https://shareholder.anz.com/our-company/profile/facts#bankingmuseum.
2. ANZ Bank. 2015. Shareholders Presentation- https://www.shareholder.anz.com/sites/default/files/Presentation.pdf.
3. ANZ Bank. 2015. Values-https://www.anz.com/about-us/corporate-responsibility/more-mike/values/.
4. SAS. 2015. Five content strategy lessons from ANZ Bank -https://www.sas.com/en_us/insights/articles/marketing/Five-content-strategy-lessons-from-ANZ-Bank.html.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ Bank) SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ Bank) SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/anz-bank/ [Accessed 24 Jan, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)