COMPANY PROFILE -KSB SE & Co.
Business Sector :Industrial Machinery
Operating Geography :Germany, Europe, Global
About KSB SE & Co. :Headquartered in Germany, KSB SE & Co. provides pumps, valves and related systems for various applications. The Company was established in 1871. It operates through three segments: Pumps, Valves and Service. The Pumps segment includes various types of pumps and associated control and drive systems. Similarly, the Valves segment offers a variety of valves like butterfly, globe, diaphragm and ball valves and several others, as well as associated actuators and control systems. The Service segment of the company operates under the SupremeServ brand, which covers the installation, commissioning, start-up, inspection, servicing, maintenance and repair of pumps, related systems and valves for all applications, as well as modular service concepts and system analyses for complete systems. KSB SE & Co. serves shipbuilding, energy, pharmaceutical, and environmental remediation industries worldwide. KSB has its production plants, service centres, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries across the globe. KSB is a market leader in the pump and valves industry because of its technological advancement and strategic expansion across the globe.
KSB SE & Co. vision statement is “We want to be the most successful company in our market. So we operate close to our customers worldwide, and fulfill their wishes as perfectly possible. We concentrate our activities on sectors in which we can achieve volume growth, and are either already market leaders or could become so.” Its mission is to “to secure strategic objective and operative success of KSB.”
KSB SE & Co. Revenue :
€ 2,383 million- FY ended 31st December 2019 (increased by 6.1%)
€ 2,246 million– FY ended 31st December 2018
Competitive Analysis of KSB SE & Co.
|1. Global reach of KSB in the industry|
2. Diverse product portfolio and wide range of Services
3. Focus on Research and innovation
4. Use of high-quality 3D Printing technology by the company
5. Certification for first ever RUV reactor coolant pump
6. Business expansion across the globe
|1. Possible environmental damage from production processes|
|1. Growth opportunities in Asian market|
2. Growth of Hydraulic Pump market
|1. Risk due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates
2. Risk arising from Brexit
3. Stagnated growth in Mechanical engineering industry
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Detailed SWOT Analysis of KSB SE & Co.
1. Global reach of KSB in the industry: With around 190 service centers, several sales companies and huge manufacturing sites worldwide and product offerings for a wide range market, KSB is one of the leaders in the pumps and valves manufacturing industry. KSB has sales and service companies in Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines. KSB serves the Water/Waste water segment in the North African market. KSB has strong presence in Asian market through India and China. KSB is one of the leaders in the Indian Water/Waste water and Electricity segment. KSB offers services and products for the Mining sector in Chile. In South America, especially in Argentina and Brazil, KSB has been a household name for domestic pump manufacturing for more than half a century. KSB serves its customers in Peru and Columbia through locally needed products and services. KSB has its sales and service companies in the Middle East and Gulf region as well where it supplies pumps for district cooling plants. For oil companies, KSB has its customer base worldwide. Thus, KSB has established itself as a global giant in the markets it operates.
2. Diverse product portfolio and wide range of services: KSB SE & Co. operates in the machinery industry trading pumps, valves and auxiliary services. The company serves a diverse market of Mining, Energy, Building Services, General Industry, Chemicals/ Petrochemicals and Water/ Waste Water in the Pumps and Valves Segment. In the Pumps Segment, there are centrifugal pumps, which constitute the major chunk of their revenue, as well as single stage pumps, multi stage pumps, and submersible pumps and associated control and drive systems. The Valves segment offers a variety of products such as butterfly, gate, control, globe, diaphragm and ball valves, along with associated actuators and control systems. KSB SupremeServ which was rolled out in fiscal 2018, is a one stop shop providing services for all kinds of pumps, related systems and valves. It is a brand which is launched by KSB Service segment. SupremeServ deals with installation, start-up, commissioning, evaluation, servicing and all kinds of maintenance and repair services. The brand also renders services like modular service concepts and system analysis.
The remaining section under "Strengths" is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
WeaknessThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
OpportunityThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
ThreatThis section is available only in the 'Complete Report' on purchase.
Major Competitors :
- Hawa Engineers Ltd.
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd.
- Latteys Industries Ltd.
- Roto Pumps Ltd.
- with PayPal
- with Debit/Credit card
Check Out Analysis of Other Relevant Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DELIVERY AND FORMAT
WHY CHOOSE US?
References used in KSB SE & Co. Analysis Report
1. KSB SE & Co. KGaA - Company Profile and News - https://www.bloomberg.com
2. AnnualReport 2018 - https://www.ksb.com
3. Annual Report 2019 - https://www.ksb.com
4. TUV SUD issues first ever certificate for additive manufacturing of materials - https://www.tuvsud.com
5. KSB is First Reactor Coolant Pump Manufacturer to be Certified for Modern Nuclear Power Plants in China - https://www.prnewswire.com
The detailed complete set of references are available on request in the 'Complete report' on purchase.
How to Reference This Page?
You can use the following in your reference section in order to give credit to the source. For different referencing styles and detailed guidelines, please click here.
KSB SE & Co. SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.COM
SWOT & PESTLE.com (2021). KSB SE & Co. SWOT & PESTLE Analysis - SWOT & PESTLE.com. [online] Available at: https://www.swotandpestle.com/ksb/ [Accessed 21 Apr, 2021].
In-text: (SWOT & PESTLE.com, 2021)
Copyrights and Disclaimer
KSB SE SWOT and PESTLE analysis has been conducted by Shalmali Chakraborty and reviewed by senior analysts from Barakaat Consulting.